Saturday, May 29, 2010

When I was employed


It blows me away how so many things can change in a year, but when I look at it being a course of 365 days, it makes a little more sense how things can change. When I look back to where God lead me last summer, it makes excited to see where he leads me this summer.

Never in my life would I have ever expected to have a paid position working in ministry. Primarily because I didn't (and still don't) have a college degree. But last summer I was blessed with an opportunity to work in student ministries at a church close to home. I was scared that no one on staff would like me, and that the students would think I was a complete moron (not to be confused with mormon). It was amazing to see how quick I was to feel right at home. I had a great team on staff to work with, and best of all, all the students were awesome. Long story short, the plug was pulled on that church and I was out of the job. On the last day, as a congregation we combined the main service with the youth service, and they brought some of us on staff, and just shared some memories. When it came to my turn, I just looked at all the students (middle school through high school), and hoped that I was as big of a blessing as they were to me.

Flash forward to the present times, I just finished school, and I have no idea where God will lead me, but when I look back to last summer I'm sure it will be as big of a surprise as last year was.

No comments: